Make a request online or phone the Clerk providing your name and address and details of the information you want to see.
Tel: 01341 241645
- We will acknowledge your request as soon as we can. If your request is unclear in any way, we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
- We have up to 20 working days following the date we receive your request. If we need to ask you for clarification of the request, the 20 working day period does not start until that is received.
- If we need to extend the timescale (in order to consider certain exemptions), we will inform you of this and indicate by when you should receive a response.
- We are not obliged to comply with repeated or vexatious requests nor with requests that exceed the costs limit (see below*).
- Furthermore, your request will be refused if any of the exemptions contained in the Freedom of Information Act apply. If your request is refused, our reply will identify which exemption we are relying on and why.
- If you express a preference for receiving a copy of the information requested, or for being given the opportunity to inspect records containing the information, we will seek to accommodate your request as long as reasonably practicable.
- When making your request for information, please identify how you would like to receive the information.
- You can see any type of information held by the Council, although there are exemptions for information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
*The majority of requests will be handled without charge.
However, if it is likely to take more than 2.5 days to find, sort and edit material (£450, calculated at £25 an hour) then we need not comply with the request.
In such circumstances, we will contact you to discuss your request and ask you to modify it e.g. by asking for less information. This is aimed at bringing your request beneath the fees threshold. If you are unable to do this we may not be able to answer your request.
If you are unhappy with the response, you should contact the individual who has been named in your reply. He/she will conduct an internal review by reconsidering your request and will either uphold, reject or partly uphold the original decision.
If you are dissatisfied with the results of the internal review you may appeal to the Information Commissioner. One of the Commissioner’s officers will then be assigned to deal with your case.